The three essential factors for the germination and growth of mold are:
- The existence of mold germs. Naturally they exist everywhere, this is an absolutely natural phenomena. If the concentration in the ambient air is too high, a mold source can be expected in the area.
- The presence of a culture medium (substrate). Excellent breeding grounds are plasterboard and cellulose, as well as biological media.
- The moisture on the component surface. The reasons for excessive moisture on the component surface can be numerous (humid air, water damage, insulation problemsetc.).
AnalysisBefore the mold remediation starts, a root cause analysis has to be performed. The main problem is in almost all the cases a too high local humidity, often combined with unprofessional paintings. The high local humidity in turn can have different causes:
- Inadequate insulation
- Geometric thermal bridges
- Water damage
- no visible mold is present.
- a customer wants to have a quality control.
- at a non-visible water damage molds are visible yet.